Currently working on
- Deanonymizing experiments in facial recognition through DCGAN + super-resolution enhancement
- Prototypes for privacy enhancing redaction tools for visual media
- HyperFace false-face camouflage for HoG/SVM and CNN architecture
- Sound interesting? Say hello
Upcoming Talks and Exhibitions
- Feb 25. Dortmund, Germany. Artist talk at HMKV as part of The World Without Us. Narratives.
- March 4. Graz, Austria. The New Age of Algorithms. Panel discussion with James Bridle at Elevate Festival.
- March 7. Bratislava. Computer Vision Camouflage presentation at Multiplace Festival.
- April 7-8. NYC. International Workshop on Obfuscation: Science, Technology, and Theory 2017.
- May 22-24. Copenhagen. Uncertain Image Workshop. University of Copenhagen.
- May 30. Berlin. Presentation on the technical history of facial recognition. (tentative)
- June 21, 2017. Ljubljana, Slovenia. Aksioma. Solo show.
- For press inquiries, please contact Hyphen Labs / @hyphen_labs
- For technical inquiries, please contact me here
- For updates on related privacy, security, and biometrics projects, sign up for the Undisclosed LLC newsletter here
- Feb 6, 2017. Europe in 4017: Here’s What Computers Can Tell Us About the Distant Future. Custom software for Constant Dullaart’s Euronet. Creator’s Project.
- Jan 4, 2017. HyperFace false-face camouflage on the Guardian
- Feb 8. Berlin. Perpsectives on the use of computer vision in police militarization. BLACKLIST.
- Feb 5. Berlin. DullDream: Dulling Down – The Obsolescence of Intelligence at Transmediale. Panel discussion with Constant Dullaart Nora Khan, and Inke Arms at HKV.
- Feb 2. Transmediale. DullDream, in collaboration with Constant Dullaart and DullTech, launches at Transmediale 2017.
- Feb 2. V&A, London. Euro.ImageNet w/ Constant Dullaart. Exhibition Preview on WSJ.
- Jan 11 - 29. Paris. SKYLIFT V0.2 on display at lanceurs d’alerte festival, in collaboration with !Mediengruppe Bitnik at La Gaîté Lyrique.
- Jan 14. San Francisco. Computer vision programming for Trevor Paglen’s Sight Machine.
- Jan 16. Sundance Film Festival: HyperFace launches at Sundance Film Festival. In collaboration with Hyphen Labs.
- December 30. Talk on computer vision and facial recognition at 33C3. Hamburg, Germany.
- Nov 24, 2016. Lancaster, England. Keynote on “Algorithmic Control and Latent Biometrics” at The Body of War: Drones and Lone Wolves.
- November 16, 2016. Cologne, Germany. Artist Talk at KHM.
- October, 2016. Switzerland. Workshop on Contemporary Camouflage Technologies for Artists at HTW Chur and BFH Berne.
- October 4, 2016. Berlin. Camouflage Tech at Netzpolitischer Abend / C-Base hackerspace.
- October, 2016. IDIAP Switzerland. Research on computer vision camouflage.
- October, 2016. Latvia. CV Dazzle on view at RIXC: Open Fields Conference and Festival
- June 15 - June 18. Berlin. Computer Vision lecture at School of Machines, Making, and Make-Believe Berlin.
- June 9 - 14. Computer Vision Workshop for Belligerent Eyes at Prada Foundation with Trevor Paglen Venice.
- June 10, 2016. Interview with Passcode on Think Privacy project and privacy risks of social media data
- Participating in workshop on Security and Human Behavior. June 1. Cambridge.
- Feb 27 - June 5, 2016: Magic and Power – Of Flying Carpets and Drones at Marta Herford Gallery
- April - May, 2016. Paris. CV Dazzle and Stealth Wear at extra fantômes April 7 to July 31, 2016
- May 4th, 2016: Presentation at re:publica about computer vision, camouflage, and surveillance.
- March 2016 Think Privacy on display Hong Kong Arts Centre
- March 2016 Think Privacy launched at the New Museum Store in NYC
- February 2016: CV Dazzle on exhibition at Contemporary Art and Drone Warfare at the Kemper Art Museum in St. Louis
- November 2105: Surveillance Trend Report presentation at the European Commission’s Annual Security Symposium in Brussels
- November 2105: Computational Camouflage presentation at NODE Forum in Frankfurt
- OFF Pocket included in the V & A permanent collection.